Monday 6 April 2009

Rude and Bad Mannered People!


It really irritates me when people are rude! And I do consider it as 'being bad' because at the end of the day as the old saying goes, people should treat people how they would like to be treated. At the weekends I work in a shop and the amount of rude people I have to serve is unbelievable. Obviously I have to stay polite and assertive towards them but when they are rude to me it really makes me want to be rude back, and why not? But I strongly follow the saying, and I do treat people how I would like to be treated, which is with respect. At the end of the day I'm only doing my job, so there's no need for people to be rude.


And it isn't just happening when I'm at work it happens during a shopping trip, whether it be for groveries or clothes, I am constantly being pushed out of the way by people or tutted at when I want to look at something, and it isn't fair!


By the amount of websites I found where people discuss how rude some people can be, it looks like I'm not alone in finding rude people really annoying! So why do people feel the need to be rude? On one of the websites I looked at it breaks rude people down into four main groups. These are:


1.Rude People Feel Disconnected From Others - people find it easier to be rude on the phone or over the internet because they are disconnected from the people they are being rude to.


2.Rude People Want You To Feel Bad Because They Feel Bad: basically they're having a bad day and decide to take it out on others.


3.Rude People Appear Stronger If They Are Rude - bullies often think they have power over their victims.


4.Rude People Build A Bigger Ego and Identify With That - people such as Simon Cowell feel the need to put others down, to make themselves feel better, which is very similar to appearing stronger!


Overall, I think that people should think before they act, and I definately believe people should treat others how they would like to be treated, it's only fair!






1 comment:

  1. I find your blog interesting about people who are rude and bad mannered. My mother always taught me to say please and thank you manners and politeness will get you far in life. You right treat those how you would like to be treated. Those customers who are rude pay no attention to them you are doing your job and from the sound of it a good person who is better than them.

    ReplyDelete