Saturday 21 March 2009

Young Celebrities Looking Old!


When reading the article on the website link below, I was shocked that a woman thought Miley Cyrus was a 40 year old woman! However, looking at the photograph next to the article I can see why! A 16 year old plastered in make-up, with bags under her eyes because she works so much...it's a bit disturbing, because she's leading such a busy life, not that of a typical 16 year old. I know that it was her choice to go into the celebrity industry and she was probably well aware of what waited her, however it really is making her look a lot older.


I blame the media, mostly because they always point out when celebrities don't look perfect. And why should they? They are afterall normal human beings, therefore I don't think they should be expected to look prim and proper all the time. I think the media's bad influence on the young celebrities, to be liked and followed, means that they're wearing make-up more, and working harder to get more popular, which then leads to ageing!


I think that the media should butt out of their business, and stop pressurising young celebrities like Miley, to look perfect all the time! I think this is classed as 'being bad' because what sort of message is the media sending out to every 16 year old girl in the world. That they won't be accepted in society if they are not looking perfect 24/7?! It's rubbish, and people should ignore the media!!



No comments:

Post a Comment