Wednesday 8 April 2009

Drugs


Before the drug lecture I thought I was pretty clued up on drugs and had set my opinion that they were bad and should all be banned. I still do think that they are bad and that they should all be banned however I learnt things that I didn't know. Such as, I didn't realise that any drug that messes with your mind can lead to being slightly psychotic! That is a pretty scary fact! Obviously some drugs are worse than others but still...drugs are drugs.


An interesting question brought up in the lecture still puzzles me now...why do people drink alcohol to get drunk? It was discussed that alcohol is a drug, as it messes with your natural state. Therefore people who drink alcohol excessively can be said to be 'on drugs'. And I cannot pinpoint the main reason as to why a person gets drunk! It doesn't exactly feel good, especially not the morning after anyway!


On the question as to whether drugs are good or bad? Well, I believe they're bad, including alcohol. However I wouldn't stand by alcohol being illegal, but I would stand by all the other drugs being made illegal. Obviously it wouldn't necessarily make people stop...as nothing rarely does stop people anymore, but still...to make them illegal must then lead to them being hard to get hold of, surely?

They are definately 'bad' because some can and have killed people, and we would overall be a better society without drugs. It can be considered that drugs are bad unless they are used sensibly, however many people use them to experiment then they become addicted. So why do people try drugs in the first place? If it's to look cool...then all I can say is there are better ways to get noticed!




No comments:

Post a Comment