Wednesday 18 March 2009

Animal Cruelty Needs to Stop!


Animal Cruelty is something I hate so much it is hard to express how it makes me feel. As an animal lover, I would never think to harm an innocent animal. Just because they can't speak doesnt mean they don't have feelings or thoughts.


I used to have a dog, when I was younger, and she was like my best friend. She'd wait for me to get home from school so we could go for a walk together and I will admit I spoke to her like she could hear me. It was nice to have a companion there for me, whenever I needed her. I could never imagine living with her for so long, then abandoning her or harming her. It is a horrible thought and I've no idea how people can do it. So, where am I going with all this? Well, I'm not quite sure as I cannot fully understand in my head how a person can be so horrible and cruel to an animal. I'd rather not discuss the reasons why, as it is not a nice topic to talk about, I'd rather express my feelings that it needs to stop! I don't know how to stop it, but I would love for it to stop.


It is 'being bad' to harm an animal, as they are defenceless and because they cannot speak, they cannot express how it makes them feel nor can they make it stop. I completely do not agree with animals being used in circus acts, as it is cruel for them. It is not a natural situation and I have seen many television programmes showing how cruel they can be treated.


Thankfully there are corporations who are trying their hardest to stop animal cruelty for good, and this one website I found seem to be doing a pretty good job. The corporation is known as FAACE (Fight Against Animal Cruelty in Europe). In February 2007, they initiated an international campaign against Copenhagen rodeo and in May 2007 the rodeo was cancelled. They even wrote to the Beckhams to ask them not to attend rodeos! This is just one small example of people making the effort to stop animal cruelty, but surely this small example shows how it is 'being bad' and does need to stop.



No comments:

Post a Comment