Thursday 19 February 2009

To stalk or not to stalk?


When does a concerned interest in someone’s activities become stalking?


According to the Oxford English Dictionary Online, stalking is 'the action, practice, or crime of harassing or persecuting a person with unwanted, obsessive, and usually threatening attention over an extended period of time.'


If i were to define stalking i would agree that it is obsessive behaviour. Im madly in love with Justin Timberlake, I buy his calendar and all his cd's, dvd's etc. But I wouldnt call that stalking because I dont follow him around every minute of every day. People who stalk others are, I believe, obsessed and well...weird!


Are some kinds of observance allowable and appropriate?


I think to admire a person is fine, but to follow them is creepy and wrong! A peron has the right to their privacy, and acting as their shadow is not going to make them interested or talk to you, it is going to scare them.


The issue of stalking is like anything, questionable and debateable, however if someone was following me around all the time, I'd definately call them a stalker!!



No comments:

Post a Comment